Thursday, March 1, 2012

I can't believe that its real.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wrote the following words on the back of my hand on Tuesday afternoon:

Al Green's 
HORN SECTION 
Here I am Baby 

I was listening to music at work while framing up some Dan Miller's that will be hanging at the Carrousel du Louvre any day now when Al Green's aforementioned classic came stampeding through my head phones. I have heard that song my whole life (both via Al and i'm not going to lie, UB40) and have never FULLY appreciated just how damn rocksteady, sharp like a knife, silver and gold, pura vida, holly fucking holy perfect those horns are in that damn song. Needless to say, I was blown away and knew that I needed to look those boys up and honor their names a little in the studio. I had a 15 minute break in my busy, busy day and made the following scratch. Amen, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment